Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We Are So Blessed!

We are blessed with friends and love, and the grace of God! After my angst over the Blogad image, one of the ladies on the e-mail list I mentioned below contacted me to see if they could send us some cash to tide us over for Christmas. She would have done it anonymously but she needed our address. I wasn't sure if Hubby would accept it, but he did, just repeating off and on "Just tell them thank you. Just tell them thank you." I would love to link to her to let you all know what a generous soul and example of Christian love she and her husband are, but she would be embarrassed -- and probably furious with me, lol!

At dance last night, I was visiting with a dear, dear friend of mine and told her about my temptation, my decision, and the generosity of my online friend. I also mentioned that we hadn't put our tree up yet and I wasn't sure if we'd get a real one or not, considering Ds2's winter asthma. On the way home (we were riding with her), I asked if we could stop at the Rite Aid to get some milk -- it was on sale for $1.99/gallon and I had $2.00 in change I'd scrounged from the "finder's keeper's" cup in the laundry room. She had to stop and get some buns for dinner also, so I stayed in the car with the kids while she ran in. She got back in the SUV, and handed me two gallons of milk, a pack of diapers, one of wipes, and a . . . Dr. Pepper! What an awesome friend! Wait, but there's more!

Last night, hubby went to bed around 8:30 or so since he's working the 3:30am to noon shift this week. Around 9:30 there was a knock on the door. There was my friend, her husband, and their two kids. Her husband was carrying a big box. It was their last year's Christmas tree -- a pre-lit tree in perfect condition -- that they had replaced with a skinnier one this year! Just before they left, he handed me an envelope and said "Give this to J. I was never here and we never have to talk about this again." Wow. So we will be getting some groceries and gas today, going to get Miss M's ears peirced for her birthday tomorrow -- AND Hubby gets paid tomorrow! Hopefully we'll get a little Christmas shopping done for our kids and the cousins for Saturday.

God is good. All the time.