Wednesday, December 07, 2005

New Post

I hate it when I visit a favorite blog and they haven't updated for days and days! A week is an eternity in blog-land. But I just haven't had the oomph to get on here and start typing. Some financial turmoil, some depression, it just started to pull me down. Our preacher spoke Sunday on Jesus in the desert -- how Mark says the Holy Spirit drove him into the desert -- and how he thinks that perhaps the Holy Spirit drives us into desert periods in our lives because there are things we need to learn. I'm thinking I'd rather the HS do a little more public schooling and less homeschooling. You know -- more worksheets and less life-lessons. I think I could learn what I need to know pretty well from a book or self-help tape, rather than having to live it, don't you? Yeah, I know, it doesn't work that way. Anyway, I hope I learn my lesson soon, I'm getting hot and thirsty here in the desert.