Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Thanks, Friends

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! We sang a couple of songs tonight that really focused me back on God and Christ -- it really helps not to just hyperfocuse on me! Of course, it was one of those nights where I was swearing at the kids to get them ready for church -- what an instance of "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing." I struggle with this so much! I feel like I'm letting God down, and it's such a little thing. I prayed with the girls tonight, asking forgiveness for my language and my temper, for not parenting them with the love, mercy, and grace that God parents me with. We were all in tears, but I feel it's so important that they see me as a sinner saved by grace, just as they are. In somethings God has put me in authority, but we are all the same under His love.

Well, I'm rambling. There's so much on my heart, but family and IRL friends read this and I don't want to share too much without Hubby's approval. Just keep us in your prayers, we're in a difficult place for now. Without a doubt, though, our faith is our rock and our love for each other is steadfast.