Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's Beginning to Look . . .


. . .a lot like Christmas!!! We're finally getting into the Christmas spirit around here, and none too soon. We got our tree up Tuesday night; the girls and I decorated it Wednesday while Hubby was at work. He was surprised to see we got the whole thing done AND the boxes back into the attic (just for reference, I had boxes of Christmas stuff on my screen porch until, well, um, March last year!). Today, we had an early Christmas at Hubby's sister's home and the kids totally scored in the gift category! Every year I try to tell all the relatives that we're toning down on the presents aspect of Christmas, and they all act like I'm depriving my children of their childhood. Oh well, I don't want to steal their blessing, they truly enjoy shopping and seeing the kids open their gifts. I teased the girls that we realy don't need to buy any gifts for them now, they got such a stash. They didn't think that was funny in the least. We really will only buy them one gift apiece and perhaps a family gift. I'm thinking about one of those 5-games-in-one sets, since both girls are learning chess from Daddy right now. It's one of their favorite things to do with him -- that and play Blinx on the X-box! Anyway, a quick post before bed. Tomorrow or Monday I want to show off my White House ornaments, they're my favorites. Goodnight!