Thursday, October 13, 2005

Soul Weary

Ann at Holy Experience describes herself as soul weary today. That's is a really good way to describe the way I've been feeling lately. I wonder if there's something in the air this time of year. Here's her response to her own soul weariness:
If I feel under a sentence or burdened, it is because I am carrying something I am not supposed. And He’s given it so I can see:

Heaviness is a sign that I am relying on the wrong person. Me.

Instead of Him.

Time to rely on the Right Person.


I need to be in the Word more. I need to be praying more. I need to focus on Him and His will instead of what I need to do to change my daughter or myself. It's funny how that works -- I stop focusing on me and start focusing on Him and everything becomes clear. Time for me to re-focus.