Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Another Argh Day!

Well, we have had one of those days today. You know, one of those let's-see-if-we-can-send-mom-to-the-funny-farm kind of days. I'm trying to get us all ready to be gone this weekend. The girls are going to my sister-in-law's, Baby Boy is going to a friend's here in town and Hubby and I are going to the Zoe Conference in Nashville. So of course, everyone is on their very worst behavior!! The baby (he's almost 2! Not so much of a baby anymore, huh?) is at his very clingiest, won't let me put him down. The girls are at their very most sassy, mouthy, disrespectful, shouting at mom, stomping, temper-tantrum selves. Not to mention that I've had a huge caffeine headache all day (out of everything and Hubby doesn't get paid til Thursday. We have dance AND soccer tonight and Hubby's working til 11:30 pm. We're rushing around, no one can find tights or soccer socks, we're digging under the bed and behind furniture, all yelling at each other.

And then Dd5 steps on a needle. Oh, joy. It went straight in, maybe 1/2 inch, she's hopping around and crying -- it took me a few minutes to realizes she was hurt (ok, maybe just a few seconds, but I'm sure it felt longer to her!). It came right out and she soaked her foot in peroxide and water. She seems to be feeling better now, she's even walking on it. So it's off to pick Dd6 up from dance and head to soccer.

I can't wait til tomorrow. Everyone leaves and we get up early Thursday to leave for Nashville. I'm sure I'll be missing them an hour into the trip, but right now it's looking REALLY good!