Monday, September 26, 2005

Family/Rita Update

More news 9/26: I just heard from my Aunt Vonnie. Here's what she said:
By the way. Scott told me tonight that they never even lost their power during the storm. Talk about the power of prayer and the All Mighty! They just have to wait for the Wallgreen stores to reopen so Tina can get her pay check and they can resume life.
Praise God!!!

Latest news 9/26: (Sorry, it was a busy weekend!) Everyone is accounted for and safe. I haven't gotten any information on how they weathered, but in any case it went better than anyone expected.

**********************************

Thought I'd start a new post, the other one is getting pretty long. Plus, pictures from Houston. Still no word on Scott's family, we're all getting pretty worried. Aunt Vonnie says that Clear Lake is very near the water, so she's understandably worried. Here's the latest from the rest of the clan hunkering down in Houston:
It's 4 p.m. Friday (I think), and I'm SO bored! Okay, here I sit at home, watching the trees blow outside my window. Now, consider that I'm a trained photojournalist. The fourth largest city in the U.S. is like a ghost town, and this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get photos that you'll never get again. And my husband won't let me go out in the car. Now, also consider that all that is going on is a bit of wind blowing. It's not like there's anything dangerous out there, yet! He told me I could take pictures of the trees blowing outside, to which I responded "Woo! How exciting is that!" He also suggested that I might get in a wreck. I drive these roads, highways and freeways daily with millions of people driving crazy, and now I might get in a wreck with WHOM?Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts -- and a few pictures of what's NOT happening . You'll notice there are no photos of the emptiness of Houston, but perhaps the Chronicle could use these anyway!

Aargh, Blogger isn't putting in the pictures. I'll get them in when I can.