Monday, October 17, 2005

Sunday Hymn Post

The Common Room posts a hymn every Sunday. I love these posts, having grown up in the same church as The Headmistress. Our church does a pretty good job of balancing the newer worship songs with the oldies-but-goodies, but I could stand a few more. Today's hymn is "The Lord's My Shepherd", a rendition of Psalm 23 set to an old Scottish hymn tune "Orlington". It is one of my favorites. I just discovered (via The Common Room as well) audioblogging, so I thought I'd throw the tune out for you to listen to as a test post.

this is an audio post - click to play


(I tried to do this yesterday and my audio post disappeared, so I re-did it today)

P.S. This song is from the "Old Blue Book". If you are a CoC reader, you'll know exactly what book I'm talking about. If not, the reference will be lost on you.