Saturday, October 29, 2005

Chivalry is Dead at McDonalds

Now, let me preface this post with a disclaimer. I have 3 children, and am contemplating a 4th. I do NOT expect people to go out of their way to help me, I have accepted the gifts God has given me in this many kids and I am fully prepared to do whatever it takes to take care of them. But this evening as I struggled trying to balance three Happy Meals, a chicken BLT and fries meal, the toddlers drink, and my drink on our tray with said toddler on my hip and two excited 5 & 6 year olds dancing around my feet, it might have been a kind gesture of the two men in line to offer to take my tray to the table for me. They were friendly fellows, though, offering a sympathetic "Oh, I don't miss those days!" and "Oh yeah, I remember them well" with a twinkling eye and a chuckle. Yeah, thanks for nothing guys!!!