Monday, October 31, 2005

Are You an Average American?

I found an interesting future meme over at Absinthe and Cookies.

American Snapshot

According to the book, a majority of Americans:

Eats peanut butter at least once a week
I have a 5 and a 6 year old, what do you think?
Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky
Of course!
Can name all Three Stooges
Unfortunately. Hubby has even taught Ds2 to say Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!!
Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart
They're building one 5 minutes away right now
Eats at McDonald's at least once a year
Once a year? Try once a week!!! I know, we've gotta stop that!
Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day
A shower every day? Are you kidding? I am a mother of a toddler.
Never sings in the shower
Wrong here too.
Lives in a house, not an apartment or condominium
We've been in our first house for a year now.
Has a home valued between $100,000 and $300,000
Yep
Has fired a gun
Never, but I'd like to get one and learn to shoot it well.
Is between 5 feet and 6 feet tall
Yep
Weighs 135 to 205 pounds
Yeah, I'd like to be closer to the 135 end than I am!
Is between the ages of 18 and 53
Right again
Believes gambling is an acceptable entertainment option
Not so much, but to each his own
Grew up within 50 miles of current home
WAY off, try 1,058 miles from my childhood home

Are you average?