Monday, January 23, 2006

More On The Work Front

I have had some concerns about the job I mentioned below, but took them to C and she answered every one. I didn't discuss the influences thing with her, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it will be a great thing for my kids to be surrounded by children of other cultures. I think I'll be at her center called Angels in the Neighborhood or in Spanish it's called Los Angeles en el Barrio (I think, my Spanish is non-existent). It's the only non-profit childcare center in SE Detroit, in the area called Mexican Town. I'm thinking this will be great for the girls to learn some Spanish and to be around some kids who are different. Our suburb is very white-bread, although we do have several bi-racial couples at church. I want them to meet all kinds of people and this sounds like an awesome opportunity. I will just have to keep my eyes peeled for any negative influences and be ready to talk about why we require certain behavior when perhaps some around us do not.

I think this can be a very positive thing for us in many ways, not just financially. Not being home for half a day every day may actually serve to hold me a bit more accountable with my scheduling, both for our schoolwork and for housework (I'm so NOT Donna Reed!).

Thanks for all the prayer and well-wishes!