Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

Well, maybe. I'm so not sure about this. You know, I've blogged a little about having some financial trouble. We are 100% committed to my staying home with the kids and continuing our homeschooling, but something's got to give! However, a possibility has arisen that just might help. Our preacher's wife runs a Christian daycare in Detroit, one that serves primarily single women who can't get jobs without getting daycare for their children, but can't get aid to help them pay for the daycare so they can keep their job. Children's Outreach receives corporate donations, church donations, grants, etc. so that they can help these families out. She has an opening for a closer, 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm. She has an afterschool program, so the girls can come with me. Little D may present a problem, bringing him would throw off the teacher/child ratio in his age group, but she's hoping to work something out there. I would be in the baby room -- no training necessary, I now how to hold babies and change diapers! I have a bachelor's degree for pete's sake. Sounds awesome, huh? But my basic feeling is -- I don't want to. I'm not sure why. I just don't. You know how some people say about things they've been praying about "I just didn't have a peace about it so I knew God didn't want me to do it." I'm not so sure. It is a ministry of sorts. It would bring in some extra dollars without costing us for childcare. Maybe it's just my stubbornness. On the other hand, one of the reasons I homeschool is that I'm concerned about the influences from kids at school. What are they going to pick up from inner city kids??? One of my friends from church works there and used to bring her daughter, I'll have to ask her if she saw any difference in her behavior.

Please pray for this situation. The preacher's wife is really pushing for a decision. I know she wants to help us out, but she does need to fill the position so I need to let her know. Thanks for your prayers!