Saturday, July 23, 2005

Homeschool Procrastinators

Any of you out there? This is our first year of "real" homeschooling, last year we did kindergarten -- you know, lots of play-doh, playing, learning letters and numbers, early reading, not much structured. I am trying to get ready for our next year (yeah, I know July's a little late for that), and I'm feeling VERY overwhelmed. I want to do Ambleside Online, but the list of books seems very daunting. I want my children to love books the way I do and this curriculum looks to engender that, but wow, that's a lot of reading! Plus, I have to come up with math on my own. There's so many choices, Math-U-See, Saxon, Singapore, and many more. All of the homeschool blogs I read seem to be veteran homeschoolers who are very confident in what they are doing and have it all together. Are there any of you who are a little more like me?