Friday, April 29, 2005

Baby Mommaz


Bratz Babies Posted by Hello

Oh-my-gosh!!! Bratz have babies now. I would rant about it, but Lileks does a much better job. As he said, "Bratz are the main reason I do not keep a supply of bricks around the house, because everytime the commercials come on I wish to pitch something kiln-fired through the screen so hard it beans the toy exec who greenlighted these hootchie toys."

My daughters know that Bratz are evil. They ask me all the time "Why would the toy makers make such bad toys? Why did they give them belly shirts? Why do they want little girls to be brats?" It becomes a problem when they go to a friends house and demand of the mother "Why do you let her have Bratz?" I'm a little embarrased then, that they have taken to anti-Bratz-ism with such zeal. But those little hootchies are just naaaaasty. And now, babies? Again, from Lileks, “They know how to flaunt it, and they’re keeping it real in the crib.” I believe he's quoting advertising material here. Flaunting it? Flaunting what? They're BABIES!!!! First, we create a doll trashier than Barbie, then give her a baby who is sexualized as well? That, again, is just naaaaaaaasty.

via Joanne Jacobs