Sunday, March 27, 2005

Verse for Kids

Well, I'm back. I've been a little lethargic lately. I have a lot of things that have come to mind to blog about, but when I sit down at the computer I just don't have the energy to dig deeply and flesh out my thoughts. I will one of these days.

For tonight, a story from bedtime. Dd5 was changing into jammies for the night, and put on her clean panties for tomorrow. Monday happens to have fruit on it. She looked at them and said "just like the fruits of the Spirit, Mommy!" So we started listing the Fruit of the Spirit -- I couldn't think of them all! We got out Dd6's New International Reader's Version, which uses simple words that are easier to read and looked in Galations 5. The Fruits were awesome, but a couple of verses later, we hit the jackpot! Verse 26 deals with just about every childish conflict that can occur.

The NIV reads "Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." The NIrV says "Let us not become proud. Let us not make each other angry. Let us not want what belongs to others." We could all do with a bit of that advice, eh?!

In this post, Ann paints a beautiful picture of equipping her children each day with the armor of God. This verse is becoming the #1 piece of ammunition in our family's arsenal against the Enemy!!!