Sunday, March 20, 2005

Starting the Day

Here's an incredible prayer to start the day -- and week. I first read this prayer at The Upward Call, then Tulip Girl linked and quoted it. I think I'm being spoken to! Here's what really caught my eye:

You let me not, when this morning prayer is said, think my worship ended and spend the day in forgetfulness of You. Rather from these moments of quietness let light go forth, and joy, and power, that will remain with me through all the hours of the day.


It's easy (well, maybe not so easy, see next 'graf) to get that time of peace in, then start the chaos that is my day! I tend to think that is the way life is supposed to be, but I must remember that God is God of order, not chaos.

Kim at The Upward Call also talks about trying to find that quiet time with the Lord. It's so difficult at this season in my life (3 young kids). I started just this month getting up at 6 to get going before everyone else gets up. BUT my baby boy has ears like a (what animal has great ears?). He hears the quietest movement around the house and calls to get up at the first floor creak. It's nice to have some quite time with him first thing in the morning, too, but I really need to try to get some prayer and Bible study time in. Any other moms of young kids have any ideas?