Monday, June 06, 2005

Just Wondering

As I watch Veggie Tales' "The End of Silliness?" silly songs video for the jillionth time, I wonder, as I often do, if Mike and Phil have the same warped sense of humor I do, or am I just one of the strangest people on the planet. Does anyone else see the Monty Python's Holy Grail parallel in the Keep Walking song (i.e., soldiers with French accents hurling epithets from atop a wall)? And in the Cheeseburger song, does anyone flashback to high school days of cruising the strip with Meatloaf cranked on the car stereo? It seems to me that they put some inside jokes in there to keep the grown-ups from going insane watching the same videos over and over. But maybe it's just me! Well, maybe not just me -- the first time Dh and I saw Keep Walking, he turned to me and said "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries." Yes, we are strange.